Monday, October 17, 2011

Doing Better

Yes, I'm finally doing better. I still don't have a lot of strength, but each day is a little better. Yesterday, I went to church for the first time since the surgery. That's only been two weeks, but I sure have missed my church family. It was good to see everyone, and I protected my belly to keep kids from running into me. There were a few close calls. My youngest grandson came up and hugged me and asked, "How's you belly?"

This has been a good surgery for me. I feel so much better physically. My mental health is still a little slow, but it will return in time. I use search and find puzzles, games, and anything else I can find to jump start my brain. I feel I may be ready to get back to writing before long. I need to, but I'm doing some research during this time, so that is almost like writing.

Today is our yearly apple butter day. We do this each year, and we make it in the old-fashioned way. It is cooked over a fire in an open kettle. It's fun to remember how people had to do things in the past. We do can ours instead of storing it in crocks. People are bringing lunch and some men are already here stirring. The fellowship is worth all the hard work.

I'm not stirring this year, but I'm the one who knows when it comes off. It has to be just right, and it is not easy to know when to take it off. It will be so good this winter to eat.

This little bit of writing has helped. I wrote an article for our ForChristianGirls.org website this morning. I may be able to write more this afternoon or tonight. I want to get some pictures of our gang at ACFW conference posted soon.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi and Tracy. I am having a good day today, so far. I have to watch or I get too tired. Major surgery is no fun! I'll be back in the swing before long.

    ReplyDelete