Monday, February 20, 2012

WHAT DO YOU READ?

Let me confess, I am an avid reader! I love reading. I will read anything but sci-fi and paranormal. Everything else is my favorite. I love suspense and historical. I love to let my mind wonder on the what if's. My doctor asked me Wednesday who were my favorite Christian authors. I spouted off a long list. Every author I read is my favorite. I have new favorites and old favorites.

My first introduction to Christian fiction were books by Yvonne Lehman and Colleen Reece. Later I found DiAnn Mills. I love her books, even the suspense that she writes now. She is very articulate and clean. I love a clean book. It seems now some authors are seeing how far they can go and not step out of bounds in the Christian market. 

Lately, my favorites have extended to several old and new authors. My own writing is historical romance. I read a lot of those books. After I read several historical romances, I'm ready for a good suspense or mystery. I'm ready for that now. I have several I want to read, but I can't decide which one to read next. I've never read a book that's kept me from sleeping. They're never that scary for me. I've even read Steven James before I went to bed, and all of his blood and guts doesn't bother me. 

Right now I'm finishing up Tamera Alexander's A Lasting Impression. I have about fifty more pages to read. It is good, so very good. I've read four or five historical romances in a row. I'm ready for something different. I have a DiAnn Mills and a T erri Blackstock that I want to read. Which one will it be? I may have decided by Friday. I won't be able to write Wednesday. I'll be at the hospital with a friend's family. She is having a knee replacement. Please remember Debra Miller in your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I'm like you in that I enjoy a little of everything - with romance, historical, and suspense (or a combination?!) being my favorites. I'm not too keen on horror, paranormal, or sci-fi.

    I almost can't bear to choose "favorites" - whether they are authors or books. My favorite is usually whatever I'm reading at the time or a new author I've just discovered. There are so many great ones out there!

    Absolutely loved A Lasting Impression. I'm planning a visit to the Belmont Mansion in the near future - can't wait to see it in person after reading about it!

    Sounds like you've got a tough decision to make regarding your next book. Don't you love that? Choosing between two incredible authors/books?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brooke, I loved A Lasting Impression, but I do love all of Tammy's books. She is a wonderful writer. I did decide on a book, Attracted by Fire, by DiAnn Mills. I love DiAnn's writing. She is so helpful to writers. This is a good suspense. I think I have figured it out, but it's only because I know how she writes. I have one by Terri Blackstock that I'm dying to read. It will probably be next. Let me know when you want to explore Belmont. I'm only 1.5 hours from Nashville. Maybe I can join you and we can explore together.

    ReplyDelete