Tuesday, February 4, 2014

I'M BACK

This has not been the easiest surgery to recover from. As you get older, you don't pop back as quickly. Everything did go well. I'm feeling better than I have in ten years. Ten years ago a doctor botched a simple surgery and I almost died. It's taken ten years for me to get the courage to have everything corrected. I was fortunate to find a wonderful doctor who could help me.

Today I'm slimmer with a smaller stomach. He did a sort-of tummy tuck. I'm able to move around much better and there is not much pain in my abdomen. My body is still adjusting to the mesh. My energy level is returning and I'm able to get more accomplished by the end of the day.

Also, during this time, I've been preparing books to be published. My second book, Susannah's Hope, should hit the shelves late March or early April. Right now I'm waiting on the cover, then I can zap it to the printers. I'm also redoing Callie's Mountain. I've thought about it for a while and the designer for the cover, Roseanna White, suggested we make them consistent. Good idea! I need to do a better job with Callie.

On top of that, we have three more books coming out with Mantle Rock Publishing. One will be out in May. It's called Hearatsong, A Sisterhood of Shepherds. I'm very excited about this book. The author is Nicola Furlong. This is a women's contemporary and about a family with the last name of Shepherd. Three sisters, Faith, Hope and Charly are the main characters. I loved the book the first time I read it, and I still love it after reading it for the second time. Nicola is a good author and I'm eager to see more of her writings.

Sandi Rog has written a children's book, Bab's Is Back. The art work is being finished now, but the book is so cute. I've seen some of the pages and I love the book and the story it tells. We don't have a definite date for it yet, but it should be late spring or early summer.

The third book we're working on is A Most Precious Gift. The author is Jacqueline Wheelock and the setting is Mississippi before the Civil War. It's about a slave and a freed slave. I've laughed all the way through it. You'll laugh at Dinah's antics. It is so well written and the story informed me a lot about slavery in America. This books will publish in September.

That about brings me up to date. I haven't read much, been too busy with reading what's coming in to the publishing company. I am going to read a proposal today. The only printed books I've read are the Bug Man Books. If you have never read any of Tim Downs books, please do, if you have the stomach to do it. They are hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment