Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back in Kentucky

This is going to be very short, but I wanted everyone to know we are back in Kentucky. The weather didn't sound too good yesterday for the coming days, so we headed home early.

To bring you up to date. On January 4, my husband had cataract surgery on his left eye. We did this in Tennessee where we have a very good doctor. We have both been very impressed with Dr, Reeves. Then on the 18th he had the cataract on his right eye removed. He has very good sight and has healed nicely.

The story doesn't end there. I had an appointment on the 12th with my optometrist and she informed me I had a large cataract in my left eye and a smaller one on my right eye. Monday, the 25th, the left cataract was removed. I have astigmatism, so I naturally had to have a more expensive lens. Today I am seeing much better. I could see the clock without my glasses and with my right eye closed! When I get used to the lens, I will be happier. I see a little curved line, but the doctors assure me it will go away when my brain gets used to it.

For anyone who might need cataract surgery, it is painless. Even during the surgery, it is painless. There is a little pressure when the cataract is removed the the lens slid in, but that is all. I am so glad I took the step to have better eyesight.

While we were in Tennessee and we had no internet, I was able to finish editing my book, all twenty-three chapters. Sandi Rog is still doing the edit and we are almost half way through. I am excited to see the finish. So, I had a profitable time before my surgery.

It's good to be back in Kentucky. I was really homesick.

No comments:

Post a Comment