Friday, January 29, 2010

Ransome's Honor

At times I get behind on my reading and stack my unread books to read when I have more time. That happened with Ransome's Honor. Now I wish I had taken the time to read it when I bought it. It's such a good book.

Kaye Dacus is the author. I had read her other books, but couldn't see this bouncy lady writing a historical novel. Her contempory books are so good. We all make mistakes, don't we. I made a big one. Her historical book is better than the others. This is a must read.

Last year Kaye and I had lunch in Nashville before my husband and I jetted off to Scotland. We let the time get away from us and it was late when we left. I enjoyed talking to her so much and she made me feel good about what I was writing.

Have you ever let true love slip away from you? This is the story with Ransome's Honor. Being too stubborn to marry his commander's daughter, William Ransome had to make it in the British Royal Navy before he felt he could ask anyone to marry him.

Twelve years later, they meet again and he is wealthy, but loves the Navy. Julia Witherington has never married and has been taking care of her father's plantation in the Caribbean, They meet again in Portsmouth and he is given an order to hunt pirates in the Caribbean. She yearns to return to the plantation.

The excitement in this book is outstanding. I could not put it down. As a writer, Kaye wrote descriptions of boats, dresses and parties that made me feel I was there. I hated to end the book. Now I can't wait to get Ransome's Crossing in June 2010 and Ransome's Quest in 2011. Go to Kaye's web site www.kayedacus.com to read more about her writing. Thanks Kaye for a great read!

No comments:

Post a Comment