Friday, May 27, 2011

Update On My Writing

Whew, it's been a long time since I have told you guys what I'm doing now. A lot has happened. My first manuscript is finished and with an agent. It's good news from there, but I can't comment at this time.

My second manuscript, the sequel to the firs,t is ready to be edited. I have a little problem with the ending. I know where I want it to end, but right now I have entered a scene that I don't know how to exit it. I will get there, but in the meantime, I'm going through the rough draft and editing it.

The third in the series is in my head. I need to work on a better synopsis. I know the characters and what is going to happen, but I haven't gotten to writing anything down yet. The ideas are not silent in my head. They keep shouting to me how they want this story to come out. It's an important story to me and again will show the prejudice that was common in the early part of our country.

I have started a stand alone book. Several chapters have been completed and I like the way it is heading. It will be a little more suspenseful than I usually write. At least, that's how I'm thinking right now. It can change, but I don't want to think it will.

Yesterday a writer friend of mine asked me to co-author a children's book with her. We are still thinking about it, but it could be possible. Some research will have to be done, but it is a good possibility.

So, I guess things are doing well for me. I have had several things that had to be done around the house, and I haven't written lately. I plan to start back on Tuesday. Too much is going on over the week-end and with the holiday, it will cut the week short. Monday is granddaughter #2's birthday, my son and daughter-in-law celebrate an anniversary on Tuesday, and my daughter and son-in-law celebrate their anniversary on Wednesday.

Oh, and the best thing is I will be at ACFW conference in September. Can't wait to see everyone. If you see me and I don't see you, please give me a yell.

No comments:

Post a Comment