Friday, June 17, 2011

Rainy Friday

Today is a rainy day, but we need it. It has been dry the last couple of weeks and the rain is very welcome. My flowers needed it and our garden also.

What do you do on rainy days? I usually write, but today is a different story. Too much going on in this household to write until tonight. I hope it will still be raining then.

Do you have a certain amount of pages or words to write each day? I usually like to write 2,000 words or more in a day. Right now I'm going over a rough draft, so it is slow. I think I did about three hundred yesterday, but that was a lot of corrections and additions.

One reason we bought this house is because it has a metal roof. I could just image the sound of rain on that roof. Boy was I surprised! It doesn't sound any different that the shingled roof on our old house. The rain drops seem to be bigger here, maybe it's because the land is flat and I don't have mountains to absorb the drops.

There is a lot to do today and I need to get busy so I can write later. Hope you enjoy rainy days as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment