Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Love Finds You in Groom, Texas

I had all intentions of putting this on yesterday, but life got in the way. I knew I needed to do it today because I start preparations for a test tomorrow.

Every time I read one of Janice Hanna's books (Janice A. Thompson), I think this is the best one ever, and then she comes along and writes another one that I consider better than the last one. This is true with Love Finds You in Groom Texas. I enjoyed it so much, and I know anyone who reads it will also.

This book is set in the Panhandle of Texas. a place I knew very little about. I enjoyed the reference to Palo Dura Canyon. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I want to put it on a place to see, the next time we go to Texas.

Now to get back to the book. A train derailment occurs at Groom, in the early 1900's, and three people are left stranded, a nineteen year old girl and her two siblings. One of the railroad workers is dubbed "the last bachelor in Groom." That alone got my attention.

Jake, the last bachelor, falls in love with Anne, the nineteen year old sister, at first sight. He is also intrigued with her younger sisters. He takes the three girls to his mother's house to stay until the railroad is fixed. He had no idea what he was getting into.

It takes longer to repair the rails than they thought it would, which gives Jake more time to look at Anne. He is so shy. There are a couple of characters whose lives are changed and I loved reading about them. Can you fall in love at first sight? After reading the book, you answer the question for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment