Monday, August 6, 2012

MUSCLE AND A SHOVEL

Have you ever read a book that has really turned your life around? Muscle and a Shovel by Michael Shank  did it for me. I don't want to offend anyone, but I want to tell you the truth. So please listen with an open heart. The last thing I want to do is hurt anyone.

Most of you know, if you read this blog very much, that I am a member of the church of Christ. We do believe that the Bible is the only way you will get to heaven. We believe that baptism is for the remission of sins, Mark 16:16, Acts.2:38. Mike explains all of this in his book. I don't want to sound preachy, and Mike is not preachy in the book. It's a book you can't put down. My husband read it in 2 days.

The book is written as a fiction book, but it is true except the names have been changed. It flows well. There are a few punctuation errors, but you can look over them. The writing is very good. I was very impressed. You can buy it on Amazon or from Michael Shank. Here is the blurb from Amazon.



Muscle and a Shovel is a raw, gritty, true story about a pair of young newly-weds who move to the city to chase the American dream. In the process they are befriended by a man who turns their belief about God, their church, and their faith upside down! Baptists, Methodists, Presbyterians, Catholics, the Community Churches - none are spared when Truth is at stake and their new friend Randall isn't about to "candy-coat" God's Word for the sake of "political correctness" or "religious tolerance." This story will grip you from opening to close and will stimulate your spirit on levels you didn't think possible! Get ready to fight or flee, because Muscle and a Shovel is one of those rare books that will raise your heart-rate and your blood-pressure. You won't want to wait to share it with your friends, or you will want to soak it in gasoline and set on fire! There'll be no 'middle ground.' This book may turn our current religious world upside-down!


This is more like I heard when I was growing up in the 50's. No sugar-coating. The truth was taught. I'm so glad Mike wrote this book. I felt like I was in a tent meeting with a Bible-thumping preacher. And I say "Amen" to everything Mike writes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comments Katt, I have seen this a couple of places and rave reviews-I will be looking for this one to read.
    Some good soul searching is good for us now and then.
    Paula O(kyflo130@yahoo.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend this book to everyone. I'm not a Bible scholar, but I was amazed that I knew more about the Bible than denominational preachers who had been to seminars. The Bible is written on a 4th grade school level, so everyone can understand it. It's simple. Hurry and get the book. Your soul depends on it! I talked to Mike last night. He is out of them and Amazon is probably out of them right now. Order it anyway. Either Mike or Amazon will send it to you when it comes. Don't waste time, read it. It will change your life for now and eternity.

      Delete