Wednesday, August 29, 2012

SWORN TO PROTECT

Sworn to Protect is the second in Diann Mills Call to Duty Series, and it is very good. This one is about the Texas Border Patrol. I will have to admit I had never thought about how dangerous that job is until I read the book.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, as I do all of Diane's books. She is a wonderful writer, and one of my all time favs. I've been reading her books since I don't know when. I met her at the first conference I went to at Blue Ridge Mountain Christian Writers Conference in North Carolina. She was one of the first "real" writers I met and I was scared to death to speak to her. She was published and made money writing. Then I found out she was a woman just like me. She's been very important to encourage me through the years.

One other author that encouraged me back then at that conference was Mindy Starnes Clark. I will always buy these two authors books whenever I see them. Love these two girls, women. My husband said I shouldn't call them girls.

Here's the book cover and the blurb from Sworn to Protect. I give it 5 stars


Border Patrol Agent Danika Morales has sworn to protect the southern borders of our nation, but that oath has cost her. Two years ago, her husband, Toby, was killed trying to help the very immigrants Danika was responsible for sending back to Mexico. His murder was never solved. But now, a recent string of attacks and arrests leads her to believe that someone in McAllen is profiting from sneaking undocumented immigrants into the country . . . and it may somehow be tied to Toby’s death..

No comments:

Post a Comment