Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Writer's Retreat

This week-end our local writer's group will be having a retreat at a local state park. We will have eight people present. It is going to be a wonderful time for us to get to know each other better and to learn more about writing. I am truly looking forward to being with these ladies.

We will begin on Thursday with dinner and a Mystery Game. I am very excited about this. I've never played anything but Clue, so this is going to be fun. I already know who I will be playing, and my costume is laid out on the bed, ready to be packed.

Friday will be a learning day. One of the ladies is giving a class on Deepening Your Characters. We will have lunch and then we will critique each other's work. We have all sent in 10 pages of our current WIP, Work In Progress. I feel we will learn so much from each other. A couple in our group are multi-published and they can give us a lot of insight to our writing.

We will leave on Saturday morning, after a breakfast and some fun time. I think we will all come home with a lot of knowledge.

Writing is a lonely job and if we can find someone who shares our interest, we gain so much. We need this time together to talk and learn. Getting together with several other writers will help us grow as authors. I'll let you know what happens next Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment