Tuesday, March 12, 2013


It has been a while since I posted. Over two months, and that's a long time for me to be quiet. A lot has happened in those two months.

First of all my hubby became ill. Although we had our flu shots, I think he had the flu. It took him a good two weeks to get over it and feeling like something. I'm not good when he's sick, and when he misses church, he's sick! In fact, when he sleeps all day, he's sick! I'm a worry-wart, and I did worry a lot about him.

After he recovered, he started running a high fever. A very high fever, and you know men. They will not go to the doctor. Finally, he did decide to go. He had a bacterial infection. Thankfully it was not viral because we were less than a week from our 50th Wedding Anniversary. The doctor gave him a very high powered antibiotic and he made a rather quick recovery. He still has some tests to take to try to find the problem. They had no idea what caused the fever.

Our 50th was looming and we had company coming. Our niece from Texas with her husband and one of their sons and his family were coming. I had cleaned house for two months. My house was not that dirty, cluttered is a better word. The bedrooms looked so neat when I walked through the house. It was a satisfying feeling.

We had six extra people in our house. Believe it or not, but David (niece Lisa's husband) and Corey (Lisa and David's son) wanted to see where they made Moonshine. We had found the distillery before they came and thought you could tour it. That was the hit of their day. Corey got to pour some moonshine in the jars. A big thrill for him.

Our 50th celebration began on Friday, February 22, which is our anniversary. We had everyone who helped with the reception, hubby's family, my family, and friends from church to a dinner at a local steak house. I think there were 35 people there. It was great for Hubby's family to meet our friends. In fact, his brother and his wife celebrated their 65th anniversary on February 19.

Saturday, the 23md, was the day of our celebration. Lisa had not seen her uncle and aunt in 40 years. We had all of my husband's family for breakfast, about 20. Then the celebration which was attended by around 100. Before we left, we invited all of Hubby's family to our house for supper. It was a wonderful reunion. We may never get together again like that. I dearly loved having everyone crammed into my small house, but boy was I tired when everyone left.

It took me over a week to recover from all the fun. We are still hanging pictures and have more to put in frames. Everyone was so nice and we received so many nice gifts, although we asked for none.

It's taken me a while to get back in the groove to start working again. I am happy to say, I am back in the groove and writing again. All in all, I took three months off. That is way too long and I'm glad to be back to normal. I've scattered some pictures of the celebration. Hope you enjoy them.


  1. congrats on the 50th and so glad that hubby pulled through his sickness and is better. we have missed ya.
    check out Sandi Rog she had some good stuff on FB yesterday.
    Now on to the next 50 for ya.
    Paula O

  2. Tjhanks, Paula. I have decided to write on this blog on Tuesday and Thursday. I talked to Sandi a few minutes ago. She is writing again and feels so much better. I'm so blessed that she encouraged me to take B17. My diverticulitis is gone. No more pain and I can eat anything I want, within reason.