Tuesday, April 29, 2014

NOT MY BEST DAY

Everyone has bad days, but they don't always come in bunches. Mine do it seems.

For some time I've been plagued with diverticulitis. Not fun, but when I had the last surgery the doctor said it looked good. We had been given a tree of pecans and my husband gladly picked them up and shelled them. I gladly made pecan pies. You did see the "s". That's plural meaning more than one. Maybe five or six or more. We had pecan pancakes, pecans in salads, pecans everywhere. I love them. That is until my belly begins to hurt.

For the past three or four weeks, I've had bad spasms when I get up from a chair and going up the two steps in my family room. It became much worse and I could not touch my belly. My doctor thought as I did that it was diviticuli. Guess what? It wasn't. It was another hernia.

When I had the last surgery in October, my doctor assured me I should not every have another hernia. I was hurting in the same place after surgery, but thought it was the mesh. It wasn't. It is a hernia.To say I was discouraged, is putting it mildly. I was down right mad!

Today I have an appointment with my surgeon. He won't be glad to see me. I think I'll ask for galvanized pipe. He'll wish now he'd put that zipper in when I asked him. Oh, well, this is life.

So much is going on right now. Besides reading a book to see if I want to make a contract for it, my oldest granddaughter is graduating from high school the middle of May. I want to be there to see her and encourage her for her accomplishments. She received a good music scholarship from David Lipscomb University in Nashville, TN. We are so proud of her.

I'm working on my newsletter, and yes, Maxie, I have you down. I hope to ship your book out today. The newsletter will be a little about me and some things you aren't looking for. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment