Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Back From ACFW Conference

American Christian Writers Conference was wonderful. It was in St. Louis, and I had driven through there but never stopped except to eat. We stayed in the Hyatt Regency Hotel. It was so nice, and I truly enjoyed the stay.

I met new friends and renewed acquaintances with friends I have had for several years. The new friends are wonderful, but to be able to talk again to my old friends was even better, except for meeting friends I had talked to via internet.

Books were in abundance. I bought a couple of DiAnn Mills books, and the ACFW always gives us some. I think I came home with eight.  Two of them were presented to me by author friends. I can't wait to get started reading them. I'll have plenty of time over the next few weeks.

Tomorrow I go to the hospital for very serious surgery. I have a hernia on my left side and it has looped around my large and small intestines. This surgery is a must, and the doctor says it is high risk. I feel I have the best doctor. I trust in him completely. I pray that the Lord gives him calm hands.

Am I scared? Yes, but not as much as I thought I would be. I think my husband is more concerned than I am. He won't let me do anything right now but rest. I think I have rested up enough, and I want to do some things around the house, but he says,"no" I can't do anything. Anyway, I won't be on the computer for at least a week. I will try to get back on as soon as I can. It's hard to write in the hospital, so I will be free from the computer for a couple of days.

I have been so blessed to have so many wonderful friends that have prayed for me. Please continue. If you are on my Face Book, my daughter will be updating it. That's about all for now. I'll write again as soon as I can.

1 comment:

  1. Mary is trying to answer the comments, but she hasn't been able to get on. Blogger is crazy so much. Thanks to you who have commented. Maybe blogger will get this fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete