Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering 9/11

What were you doing on September 11 and the days following?

I worked at a newspaper, so we had pretty current news. One of the reporters came in the office where I worked and told us about the planes hitting the Twin Towers. I had been to New York City and seen the towers when they were still standing. In fact, I could see them from my hotel window. Then to hear that they were down was something hard to comprehend.

Our little newspaper kept us updated throughout the day. That afternoon I had a doctor's appointment ,and was told I had the flu, given two shots, and sent home. For the next several days, I was at home and watching it on the news. It's hard to believe that someone hated us so much that they would try to destroy as many people as they could.

It doesn't seem like it has been ten years. My daughter's birthday is today and that's one reason why I remember the date. I always think about it on her birthday.

Off the subject, I'm still running a give-away for Susan Page Davis' book, Captive Trail. Leave a comment and I will be giving two away. Yes, two books! I can run over to Susan's house and have them autographed. Be sure to leave your email address. If I don't have it, I can't get in touch with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment