Monday, June 11, 2012

THE IRISH HEALER





Accused of murdering a child under her care, Irish healer Rachel Dunne flees the ensuing scandal while vowing to never sit at another sickbed. She no longer trusts in her abilities-or God's mercy--though when a cholera epidemic sweeps through London, she feels compelled to nurse the dying daughter of the enigmatic physician she has come to love. James Edmunds, wearied by the deaths of too many patients, has his own doubts about God's grace. Together, they will have to face their darkest fears . . . and learn what it means to have real faith.






This is one of the best books books I have read in a long time. Nancy Herman has a fresh outlook on writing a Regency book. I thought it was well written and kept my attention. The descriptions of the characters and the settings were wonderful. She instructed me in many points of good writing. I can't wait for her next book, whatever it is. She has me hooked to look forward to reading more of her books. Thanks for this good read, Nancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment