Monday, June 25, 2012

MAKING WAVES

Making Waves by Lorna Seilstad was a surprise book for me. I met Lorna at ACFW Conference in St. Louis last year. I hung some with her, Judith Miller, and Regina Merrick. Regina is in our writers group, and I had been an influencer for several of Judith's books. Lorna had helped me with my one sheet, so I was anxious to meet her, it's always good to put a face with a name.

This book is free on Kindle. It's very good and so funny. Full of energy. I guess that is what surprised me. The villain is someone you absolutely hate. I think the blurb tells it better than I can. I'm always afraid I'll tell too much.

When spunky Marguerite Westing discovers that her family will summer at Lake Manawa in 1895, she couldn't be more thrilled. It is the perfect way to escape her agonizingly boring suitor, Roger Gordon. It's also where she stumbles upon two new loves: sailing, and sailing instructor Trip Andrews. But this summer of fun turns to turmoil as her father's gambling problems threaten to ruin the family forever. Will free-spirited Marguerite marry Roger to save her father's name and fortune? Or will she follow her heart--even if it means abandoning the family she loves?

Author Lorna Seilstad's fresh and entertaining voice will whisk readers away to a breezy lakeside summer holiday. Full of sharp wit and blossoming romance, Making Waves is the first book in the LAKE MANAWA SUMMERS series.


Katt here:
This is a book I call very entertaining. I will give it 5 stars. I loved it. Another favorite author came my way. As I read it, I wondered how these rich people managed all the dresses with the sand and dirt. It was very interesting. Thanks Lorna for a good book.

2 comments:

  1. This IS a terrific book! The next two are every bit as good - just when I think I can't love a hero any more than Trip Andrews, she goes and puts wonderful ones in her next books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Trip, and sometimes I didn't. It was a very good summer book. Thanks for letting me hank out with you, Lorna, and Judy. I'll miss them this year. Thanks for the comment. Trip did sound like a handsome dude, though, but he gave up too easily. I wanted him to knock Roger's block off.

    ReplyDelete