Monday, October 15, 2012

A WILD WEEK-END

This has been the wildest week-end I have ever experienced. First, I didn't expect my book to be on Amazon until today. When I checked my email Saturday morning, I was surprised to see it up. Then I had to tell 5,000 of my closest friends. All of Facebook, my groups, ACFW, and everyone I knew. It came to about 5,000 give or take a few.

This has been overwhelming. At times I had given up on every seeing Callie's Mountain in print. It all sort of snowballed last week. My feet finally hit the ground today. I guess when you see all the laundry that needs to be done, you get real. It has been a wonderful week-end.

Today I will be putting Callie in paperback. That is exciting to think about. I can hold her in my hand. I never thought it would be like this. I never thought I would be so excited about anything. My baby turned out beautiful.

What's next? Susannah's Hope. It is almost finished. I'm a lot like Judith Miller in this respect, I hate to write the last chapter of this book. That's where I am, the last chapter. Of course, there is editing to do and all that involves the publishing side of it. My plans are to have it ready by January, 2013.

The next book is Emily's Faith. I'm working with Emily in my head right now. She is sweet, pretty, and a good natured young woman. I think she will be the sweetest and most caring of all three women. I'm anxious to start working on her story.

I would like to thank all of you for your kind words. I've read the comments on Facebook, ACFW loop, and personal emails. Thanks for all the encouragement. I've received invitations to visit several blogs in the next weeks and months. I will keep you posted on all of them. Now, I have work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment