Tuesday, April 16, 2013

BOSTON BOMBING AND MORE

The whole world was shocked yesterday when the bombs went off during the Boston Marathon. It blew my mind that someone would do such a thing. Children hurt and killed is about the worse there is. I pray these people are caught and punished. If they were Muslims and it was supposed to be a suicide bombing,, let them live the rest of their days in prison. That will be their punishment. If it was just some mean people, punish them in some way.

Yes, I believe in capital punishment. The Bible teaches it. Criminals should be punished and made to suffer. Today they have cushy cells, television, all the law books they can find, and treatment close to the celebrity statis. That should not be! I firmly believe in punishing them and not giving them everything they want.

Okay, I'll step down from my soap box.

Last week was a busy week for me. One of our friends from church had surgery for stomach cancer Tuesday. Instead of the four hour surgery it was supposed to be, he was in surgery for seven hours. He is improving, but it will take a while. It was a long sit in the hospital waiting room.

We had worked in the yard the week-end before, I think. Time has a way of escaping for me. The wind was blowing the pollen around, and I have had a horrible allergy/sinus attack. Something in the hospital irritated my sinuses, so that did not help. Thursday I get to do it all over again.

We will be at the hospital again sitting with another family. This time a very good friend of ours will be having surgery on her neck. She has been in horrible pain for several months. I will be so glad when this is over for her and I pray for success.

Our daughter-in-law and granddaughter are in Washington, D.C. on granddaughter's school trip. What a horrible time to be in Washington! I haven't heard from my son yet this morning, but they were headed in the direction of Washington last night. We are the shuttle for the boys ballgames and practice. Right now I'm washing soccer clothes. It's been a long, long time since we've done something like this, but it's fun.

I am trying to finish Susannah's Hope and then I will self-publish it. I'm anxious to get it finished. It seems like I take forever to finish a book. I'm also working on Golden Winter about Jekyll Island in the early 1900's. Can't wait to get them both finished.

Have a good and safe day. Please pray for all those injured yesterday, and for the families who lost loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment