Thursday, June 20, 2013

EASY SUMMER

Today is the first day of summer, and the longest day of the year. One of my great-nephews is flying to Ft. Wainwright, Alaska today for his tour of duty. I hope he will enjoy the sun, because he'll be coming up on days that have very little sun. I also told him I hope he likes winter sports. It's going to be a long winter for him. He's a good kid.

Thinking of summer and the heat, and things we all don't like to do in the heat, I came across this recipe from one of our church ladies. I have my chicken out to fix it tonight. It looked so good. Here's the recipe, simple and sounds good.
Crock pot Lemon Chicken - Put 1 Stick of butter in bottom of crock pot. Lay chicken in pot. Sprinkle Italian dressing packet over chicken, drizzle with lemon juice, pop the lid on. Cook on High 4-5 hours, or Low 6-8 hours.

I think I can do this. I love to cook like this, but my husband wants something cooked on the stove. Tonight, he's going to have simple. A salad and a vegetable is all we'll need. I'm making extra so we can have it tomorrow on a salad.

A lot of authors use the crock pot for their meals. I'm very busy today, so mine will be in use. It's so much easier than standing over a hot stove in 90 degree weather. Even with the air conditioner on, it's still hot to cook a big meal. I believe in saving time as much as possible.

How do you cook when you're busy or it's too hot to turn on the stove and oven? If you have some good quick recipes, share with us. I know we all would love to have them. A change from time to time is always good.If you'll send me your favorite recipe, I'll post my Chicken Cacciatore. It's easy and made in the slow cooker.

Have a great day. I'm going to be at the computer non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment