Tuesday, June 4, 2013

WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?

If you could live your life over, what would you change? I could say nothing, but that wouldn't be honest. Some changes I would make would change me and my family forever, but others would not. Here are a few changes I'd make in my life.

First, I want to be taller. I stand at 5'2", which is short. I would like to be able to see over the crowd at least once at a parade or a conference. All those tall people jammed in front of me keep me from seeing what is going on. I've always said when I die, I know I will be taller. The Lord will tell me I've walked on my knees long enough. I can't do anything about being short. I have adjusted to the fact, but now all my grandchildren are taller than me except one. He's in a growing spurt right now and will be taller soon.

Second, I would like to be thinner. Isn't that the wish for every woman? I can work on that, so that is not a problem. For the past couple of weeks I have not exercised and my weight has told me I need to get back at it again. I am exercising now.

Third, I would like to be smarter. Okay, I can study more of the craft of writing and be smarter, or I can listen to others and learn more about writing. It's all up to me. This is something I can change, but the retention span needs working on.

Fourth, I would like to be richer. Then, again, would I want to be? I am content with what I have, but we all want more. Isn't that the American way?

I would not change my husband or my children. I could not ask for a better husband or family. I would like for my oldest granddaughter to be healthier. She has a damaged lung and is having trouble recovering from pneumonia. We pray she will be better soon.

The biggest desire I have is for my books to sell well. Most of us write to supplement our income. I can't image anyone writing and not wanting pay for the time they put into the work. Yes, it is work. No one sits down and the words flow out of their mind into their fingers. We have to research, edit, listen to others, and sit at the computer for hours. I love it, but sometimes my mind is so tired.

My biggest wish is for a fairy to come in and clean my house so I can write more. That is not going to happen, so I have to take time out to clear the dust away. Writing is still more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment