Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A SIMPLE CHANGE

Last week I received A Simple Change by Judith Miller. This is the second book in her Home to Amana Series. I have enjoyed the Amana series, both the previous series and this one. The Amana Colony was an interesting place and a simple life. Judy brings it to life for us in her books.

The way Jancey tells the story in her own word is both simple and entertaining. Maybe I love the simple way of life too much, but this book made me feel at home with the Amana people. This is both entertaining and a little mysterious. I was rooting for Jancey and Ritt all the way through the book. Below is the cover and  the blurb. I hope you enjoy it. I give it 5 stars. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did.

Joining the communal society of the Amana Colonies isn't what Jancey Rhoder planned for her future, but when unforeseen circumstances force her family to make some difficult decisions, she chooses to give up her teaching position in a Kansas City orphanage and move with her parents to Iowa. 

Her besotted suitor, Nathan Woodward, isn't at all happy about the move and is determined to get Jancey to change her mind. And Jancey herself isn't sure what she's gotten herself into when the simple life of the Amana Colonies means she'll be assigned a job and may have to give up teaching for good. Will Nathan woo her back to the city, or will she be forever changed by the mysterious events and new relationships that await her in the quiet villages of the Amana Colonies--and decide to make this unique place her forever ho

No comments:

Post a Comment