Tuesday, July 2, 2013

WHAT ARE YOU READING?

I like to ask this question occasionally. It helps all readers to know what we are reading. So, besides the Bible, what are you reading?

I started Footsteps by DiAnn Mills yesterday. It is a book that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. I started reading DiAnn's sweet western books years ago. After I had a couple of her classes, I learned to really love her writing. Footsteps is an older book, but the writing is very good. It's a suspense about a father who abducts his children. The wife/mother did not know there was a problem in the marriage until the abduction. I know this happens. The wife was like a trophy wife, always the perfect everything. I have a hard time putting the book down.

Before that I read a couple of Marta Perry's mysteries,Invisible, a Ivy Malone Mystery and Hide In Plain Sight. I must say they were both good and funny. I loved the Ivy Malone Mystery. I guess I can identify with her, LOL meaning Little Old Lady.

I try to read a Kindle and then a paperback/hardback. I love to have the Kindle when we travel because my Bible is on it, and I only have to take one thing.

Another book I am reading is Convicted by Dr. Brad Harrub. This is a slower book. It is about creation vs evolution and very well written. Brad is a medical doctor, preacher, creationist. He's visited my nephew in Scotland and seen his dinosaur egg. Anyone who tells me they love my nephew and his wife are friends for life. We enjoyed having Brad in our home.

Now, what am I writing? A book about the church we attend. The congregation will be 125 years old in September. It began in September, 1888 in a small community called Glade. The history is amazing, and I am enjoying putting it together. I do cheat because one of the other members has written the book, or a collection, and I am transferring it to book form. I hope to be finished by the end of this month. I'm copying pictures, so it will be very nice.

The other thing I am working on is a Romantic Suspense that I started as my first book years ago. It's had several beginnings and endings, but I've finally settled on a good plot. I would like to have it pretty well done by ACFW conference. I'm enjoying reviewing the book and finding new turns in it. No names yet, but it will be a fun book set in this day and age, cell phones, computers, etc.

So, if you are a writer, what are you doing? If you are a reader, what are you reading? Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment