Tuesday, July 16, 2013

BACK ON TRACK

Now that the book for the church is almost finished, just another page and pictures to add, I am about to get back on track. My fiction book needs to be finished, and I need to get synopsis' ready for a couple more. I'm ready to get back into Susannah and finish all the corrections.

Before ACFW conference, I need to lose weight. A bunch of weight! My doctor has been on me pretty hard and I've tried, but never could get down to 1200 calories a day. Years ago I joined SparkPeople. I looked them up again and rejoined. The hardest thing I have done in a long time is to get down to eating like I should. The past week has been murder, but I'm finally in the groove of eating smaller portions and better food. So much of the food we eat is not good for us. I haven't eaten out in over a week. Cooking at home is less calories, and I know what I am cooking.

This morning I worked out on the Wii for thirty minutes. I love doing the exercises, and I can keep focused. I do ten minutes of Yoga, and twenty of walking and step-exercise. By warming up with Yoga, I am able to do the other exercises with out my knees and hips hurting. Then I feel invigorated to write. It also helps my attitude.

How am I doing? I've lost two pounds. That's not much, but I have less to lose before September. Several things are coming up in the future, so I know I'll need encouragement. It's going to be a busy August and September, but I know I have the determination to stick to this. When I lose the thirty+ pounds I need to lose, I may decide to go on to lose about ten pounds more. I also need to learn to keep my body at that weight. I don't want to go back to being fat.

Now that I've confessed my problems, it's all out in the open, and I am ready to write. Susannah, here I come to correct, edit, and get you finished. The next book is pulling me to write it. Can't wait to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment