Wednesday, September 23, 2009

ACFW Conference

Let me introduce you to my friend, Sandi Rog. Sandi and I roomed together in Denver. She and her family are wonderful. Sandi is beautiful inside and out. I appreciate her so much. She has taught me so much about writing and she is my biggest encourager. I hope you figured out I am the one with the grey hair.

So much happened in Denver. I am still in a cloud. The classes that I went to were awesome. Instead of being so tired, I elected to order the conference tapes and rest a little more. That did help. Sandi and I both have problems with tiring so easily. We had a lot of opportunities to really talk.

Friday afternoon, I was hostess to Deborah Raney. She is such a lovely person. Her class helped us to get ideas for books, characters names and story plots. I had never thought of some of the things she told us. In my book, I have a name of one of my husband's great's. It goes back a long way, but I don't think Susannah Cole will mind me using her name.

Later that same day I had an interview with Rebecca Germany with Barbour Publishing. It has always been my dream to publish with Barbour. I read their books constantly. It was a very good interview and I have to send them a proposal and the first three chapters.

Saturday morning I met with Tamala Hancock Murray. She is an agent that I would love to have represent me. We seemed to click and I was impressed with her so much. She asked for my full manuscript. I almost turned flips in the elevator.

Saturday afternoon I saw Charlene Patterson in the hallway. Charlene is with Bethany House and that is another pub company I would love to publish my book. I had talked to Charlene about a year ago, but things had come up and I had not sent her my proposal. She seemed to remember what I wrote and said to send it on. She is so sweet.

So, now you know why I flew the plane home. I will be working on my proposal either today or tomorrow. Sandi is editing the third chapter for me now. We were both so excited.

Going into the conference, I felt so depressed. I felt my book would never be published and I was almost ready to give up. Now I am full of excitement and ready to take the plunge into publishing. The excitement of publishing and moving is really big for me. Tonight I have a sleep test with the CPAP machine. I am excited about it also. We also set a date for the auction of our personal property. We not taking everything we own to Kentucky. We will have the auction on October 31. Come if you can.

My day is going smoothly, so I must get going. Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment