Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Finally

Finally, the final edit is finished for the first chapter on Callie's Mountain. It has been a long time and I now feel good about the first chapter. Sandi Rog has been a big help. I know she gets tired of me making the same mistakes over and over, but I am learning. I think the next chapter will be much better.

This has been struggle. I have worked on that first chapter for a year. The editor I had then changed so much that it was no longer my book. It had her voice instead of mine. I am so thankful that I found Sandi. She understands me and I can talk to her whenever I want to. That helps when I have a question.

Most of our books are packed. We are both packrats when it comes to books. I still have a few out that I have not read yet, but they will be packed away in the next month.

It's hard to believe that I will be flying out to Denver two weeks from Thursday. I am getting very excited about seeing so many of my friends that I haven't seen for a year. Then I am anxious to make new friends. A friend of mine said, "Strangers are friends you haven't met yet." I agree. I have written to so many of the ACFW people and now I will get to meet them.

I am making the last run of spaghetti sauce from our tomatoes. They are almost gone. The Lord has blessed us with a good garden this year. I admit, I complained. I would cringe when another bucket of beans entered the house. We will eat good this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment