Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Interview with Golden Keyes Parsons

It is my pleasure to have Golden Keyes Parsons as our guest today. I had seen Golden in 2009. We both attended the American Christian Fiction Writer’s Convention in Denver. My friend, Sandi Rog, pointed her out to me. They sat at the same table at the Awards Banquet. Golden was a finalist in the historical genre that year. The first thing I noticed about Golden was her name and then her beautiful smile. 

Golden, I know from loops we are both on that you live in Texas with your husband. Would you tell us more about yourself?
My husband and I retired from the pastorate about two years ago and moved back to Texas to be near our daughters and grandchildren. We have three grown daughters and eight grandchildren. We are loving being back “home” again.

When did you begin to write?
I grew up writing as my father and grandfather were writers and newspaper editors. Manuscripts and books were all over our house. It was a natural part of life to me.

How did it affect your life?
It instilled in me a love for books and literature and the written word.

Are you a plotter or a seat of the pants?
Well, my first two books were written from the “seat of the pants,” but the last two books I have felt the need to outline and plot the story. It’s very difficult and tedious in the beginning, but it really helps the story move along and keeps one on track.

Which of your books is your favorite?
Of the series that is out right now, I would say “In The Shadow Of The Sun King.”

Why did you write these books first set in France?
The books are based loosely on my family heritage of Huguenots (French Protestants) who fled France in the early 1700’s. My books are set about 50 years earlier so we could incorporate the very colorful character of King Louis XIV.

What can you tell us about future books?
My next book, His Steadfast Love, which is set during the Civil War in Texas will be released in the Fall of 2011. Incidentally, 2011 is the 150th anniversary year of the beginning of the Civil War.

What are you working on now?
We are in the editing phase for His Steadfast Love.

Thank you so much for talking to us. We all look forward to read more of your books.
It was my pleasure. Thank you for having me.

Golden sent beautiful picture of  the book, but my mind is still not working completely after surgery. I lost it, but I did get the one of you. Sorry, Golden. If you want to know more about Golden and her books, go to www.goldenkeyesparsons.com. 


3 comments:

  1. It's always nice to see Golden. :-) Great interview, Kathy. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Sandi! Am continuing to pray for you. Thanks for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete