Monday, January 10, 2011

Procrastination Is Over

That's right, I will no longer procrastinate. I am going to face the bull and bite the bullet. My WIP is finished and I'm going to finish my proposal TODAY!

When I began writing, the question of an agent had been on my mind. Some authors said, "No, why give someone 15% of what I make." Others said to get an agent that it would help in the selling process. After meeting several agents and talking to acquisition editors, I decided I needed an agent. It's not the commission they receive, it's the ability agents have to place your book in publishers hands that will not even look at you. Okay, it's not that I want a New York City publisher to buy my book, I want a good Christian publisher to buy my book.

I think I have a good story and I would love to have it published in a series. It is a little scary to try to sell part of myself. My book is part of me, like a baby. It has been being born for too long and at one time, I thought it might be a stillbirth. It struggled and finally made it. It has been edited by two editors and I have read it, edited it, and prayed for it. I'm ready for it to face the world.

This has been a long learning process for me. At times, I felt I was a slow learner, but I persevered. So, today I finish my proposal and I plan to send it out tomorrow. I can go to the hospital Wednesday without worrying about that book.

Wednesday, I will have my right knee replaced. My left one has done so well and I'm praying the right one does as well. I'm glad I didn't have both of them replaced at the same time. This has given my left knee time to heal and get stronger. I will try to get back on this blog when I get out of surgery. If I wake up as well as I did before, I'll be happy.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck with your surgery. As far as the procrastination thing goes ... sure, sure ... :) smiles

    ReplyDelete