Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Slow New Year

Yes, it seems 2011 has started out slow for me, or maybe I'm procrastinating. Anyway, it's taken me five days to get on my blog. This is not good.

I'm finishing my WIP and getting ready to finish my proposal. Really, my manuscript is finished. I'm reading it out loud and I am a slow reader. I hope to finish it tomorrow. That's my plan anyway. When I read anything, I get sleepy. You know what I have to do then, take a nap.

Does everyone dread proposals? I do. I cringe at the thought of finishing this one. An agent has asked for the full manuscript and I am terrified to do the proposal. I want it to be good and catch an agent's eye and a publisher's eye. I feel like I am bragging and that's not me. Okay, I'll give myself another pep talk and get to it.

I had a friend, who reads a lot, read my book. She said it was good. I know she was honest. Good friends don't lie. She didn't say it sounded like a second grader. I am so scared that it sounds like something a child would write. I'm not one to use fancy words, and words I have to look up the meaning. I'm very common and I've read some books that I do have to look up the meaning of a word to know what the author was talking about.

I read Randy Ingermanson's blog first thing this morning. I need to do a little more planning and organizing. If you haven't read it, go to www,AdvancedFictionWriting.com. Today's e-zone was very good.

It's time for me to get busy. I'm trying to get as much done today as I can. It's one week until my knee replacement. I'll have a set of matching scars then.

No comments:

Post a Comment