Friday, January 28, 2011

Love and Hurt

How many times do we love someone only to be hurt by some action? It can be a hateful comment, a lie or worse of all a death. This has been on my mind for several days. If we never hurt, we never love.

Through the years, two very close friends have died from cancer. We had a daughter who died at age six and then of course, parents, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. We were hurt by all of these deaths, but it seems the two that hurt the most were the cancer victims.

If we did not love these people so much, it wouldn't hurt so much. Then love heals our wounds. Can you really live without love? I don't think so.

Then I think about the love Christ had for us. He willingly went to the cross that we might have forgiveness of sins. That is love, the ultimate love. He hurt and suffered for our sins because he loved us so much. I'm sure He is disappointed when he sees the way we act here on earth, but he still loves us.

The love of my friends will remain deep and if I am hurt, that love will help me through it.

1 comment:

  1. Some are having trouble leaving a message. This seems to go well. Laurie Alice, I was so happy to interview you and I'm anxious to get my hands on Jersey Brides.

    ReplyDelete