Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A New Website

Is website one word or two, web site? I have no idea, so I have made it one. Anyway, let me tell you about this baby we have produced with a lot of help from a lot of people.

My husband and I attend Walnut Grove church of Christ in Benton, KY. We love the fellowship of the elders, deacons, preacher, and all the members. This is one of the strongest churches I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. They are interested in spreading God's Word to everyone.

Something had been bothering me for a while. It seems we lose a lot of young people to the world without realizing they need encouragement from older members. I suggested to the elders that we might be interested in starting a website just for girls. They jumped on the idea and with research and finding a good designer, we are now up and running.

The site is forchristiangirls.org. We want to strengthen young girls to be good Christians first. That will enable them to be good wives and mothers. We are asking members of the church of Christ to write articles that would interest teens and also teens to write about things that interest them.

I am so thankful for RogDesigns.com for doing a wonderful job in getting this up and pink. I want to thank my daughter, Diane Turpin for the logo..We can never forget the ladies who wrote the first articles, Lyn Williams, our preacher's wive, Shanda Walker, one of our deacon's wife,  and a wonderful Christian teen who wrote a wonderful article for teens.

Articles are coming in for our next installment and I am so thankful for them. This is going to go far and wide in helping young women. Thank you for letting me tell you about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment