Friday, February 25, 2011

Digitalis

No, not the medicine, but the book Digitalis, by Ronie Kendig. When I received this book, I thought oh, no, another military book. Don't get me wrong, I've been reading several books based on the military and I loved them. The man on the front of this book was so handsome, I had to open it and start reading.

An intriguing woman draws an ex-Marine into a deadly game.

Colton Neeley left his military career to take care of his four-year-old daughter. Although he's firm in his faith now, the repercussions of his former life are still evident-namely in the form of his daughter and his debilitating flashbacks from combat-related trauma. Can he muster the courage to step out of his self-imposed insulation and embrace the new woman in his life?

Piper Blum is hiding - from life and the assassins bent on destroying her family. Although smitten by Colton, she fears the day he discovers her secrets. Does their relationship, built on a foundation of lies, have a chance?

When an attempt on Piper's life leads to another's death, the black ops group, Nightshade, steps into the line of fire. Will Colton and Piper survive the mission with their love, and lives, intact? Will love cover their multitude of sins?

This is a very well written book and the suspense is abundant. I was surprised how fast the suspense jumped from one scene to another. It kept me reading and I will give it five stars. It is definitely a must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment