Friday, August 19, 2011

Ransome's Quest

The other day I said "good-bye" to an old friend. At least that is what it felt like when I finished Ransome's Quest. It was a little daunting to know that I wouldn't read anymore about William, Julia, Charlotte, and Ned. They had become such good friends. As all things must come to an end, so they go by the wayside to pick up again and read later. 

As with all of Kaye Dacus' books, I loved this one. This book had more excitement in it, but it had been a while since I had read the other two. There were more surprises and two, no three, kidnappings. A very exciting book!

Kaye did wonderful descriptions of Tierra Dulce and their way of life on the island. Everything was very real, especially Capt. Ned Cochranes lack of self-confidence. I thoroughly enjoyed Charlotte's impetuousness nature and her loyalty. I completely loved Charlotte. 

This was another "can't put down book." Kaye has a way of weaving stories that make you feel good when you finish. Thanks Kaye, for this book, and for being my friend.

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog and would like to bestow you with a Liebster Award. You can find out about it on my blog (http://queencityquill.blogspot.com/) and post your award here.

    ReplyDelete