Friday, August 26, 2011

To Have and To Hold

To Have and To Hold is a historical romance by Tracie Peterson and Judith Miller. They are two really good writers. Tracie is the Key Note Speaker in September at American Christian Fiction Writers Conference. I'm looking forward to hearing her. I have read several of her books and also several of Judith's.

The setting of this book is an island off the coast of Georgia. It tells of building a resort for the rich, or rather a club for the rich. It's much like Jekyll Island and the history of Jekyll is included in the book. Bridal Veil Island is close to Jekyll, in the book.

Audrey Cunningham lives on Bridal Veil with her father and feisty Aunt Thora. I loved Aunt Thora and her antics. One of the investors is trying to find a contractor to take over the work of building this fabulous clubhouse. In comes Marshall Graham.

Audrey has one problem. She jumps to conclusions before she has the facts. When Marshall came to the island, she remembered his father was killed in a barroom brawl and her father was present. She assumed Marshall was also a drinking man. That's when the fun begins.

I loved the setting. We had vacationed on Jekyll this summer and the story brought back so many memories. The writing was so clean and good. I couldn't tell what part Judy wrote and what part Tracie wrote. If I know an author well, I can usually tell who writes what. This was so different. It was smooth.

There will be other books coming out about the islands. I'm anxious to read more. Personally, I love the islands and the lighthouses and have visited most of them. This was a lovely book.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. Somewhat off topic, but I gave you a 'Liebster Award' today on my blog. :)
    http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Tracy. Heidi gave me one also, but I couldn't figure out how to put it on mine. I'm not very good at things like that. I do appreciate the thought.

    If you like Tracie Peterson and Judy Miller, you will enjoy it. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete