Monday, August 8, 2011

Screen Savers

My friend told me the other day she had changed her screen saver to orange. The normal blue, which looks like the sky, tires your eyes. I decided to try it and see how it works. It's very simple and anyone can do it.

Go to Control Panel. Hit Personalization, and then Window Color and Appearance. There are several colors to choose from I chose "orange" because it doesn't have an earthy appearance.

I used it for about thirty minutes last night and it rested my eyes. I had a bad headache, so it didn't hurt me any. This morning, the orange is relaxing. Maybe it will help eye strain. If your computer is it the bedroom, it is supposed to help you sleep. I usually turn mine off, so there is no color there.

When  you sit at the computer, you see the little blue strip on the top of your programs. When you change the color, you see whatever color you select. Yellow is a more restful color, and I may change mine to see what happens. It does nothing to the pictures on the screen saver. It makes the screen more user friendly.

I thought I would pass this along. We all need to have less stress at the computer.

Another good hint for getting a good nigh'ts sleep is to sleep in a dark room. I have Roman shades in my bedroom and they are off white. My connecting bath has the same color shades, and there is an outside light outside the bathroom. That gives the room lots of light. To see the clock, I have to sit up in the bed, but beside my bed is a C pap machine with lights, and a weather radio with lights. It doesn't seem to bother me that much. I'm resting better than I have in a long time. If you do have trouble, try these suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment