Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A BEAUTIFUL AREA


We live in a beautiful part of the country. In fact, every part of the country is beautiful, not just Western Kentucky. We do have a good diversity that I have not been accustomed to in the past. The mountains of Tennessee are beautiful, and I enjoyed watching them change, but I'm enjoying learning more about Kentucky.


The eagles are returning. My husband and a friend go out eagle watching several times a week. These birds are magnificent. I had never seen any until last year, and I couldn't wait for them to return this year. We watch their nests and have seen little heads pop up. Mother Eagle is really careful with her babies, and we don't get very close.

Last year we watched them soar over the interstate. What a sight! I wonder if people on the highway knew what they were seeing. They didn't seem to notice them at all, but I enjoyed them.

My husband got me involved with eagle watching to get me out of the house after my last knee surgery. At first I didn't feel like going, but I pushed myself, and I am so glad I did. They are so beautiful when they soared. Now, I'm read to go back.

I wanted to show you this picture of a eagle with a white spot. Our friend took this Monday when they went eagle watching. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment