Monday, December 12, 2011

HACKED

Last Friday my email was hacked. These were good hackers. They knew what they were doing. They had all my emails transferred to them to a new email address, kathycretsingerr@yahoo.com. That is not my yahoo email address, and they spelled my name wrong. Our preacher wrote to my real address to see if I was all right. They even answered him and told him I needed the money.

It took me almost three hours with AT&T to get this straightened out. When we found out they had all my emails transferred to them, we fixed the problem. I knew I should be getting more emails that morning. One friend had called and asked if I was all right. She was to email me the letter sent to her. I never got it, so I knew there were problems.

The email sent out stated that I was in London, England and had been mugged. All my cash, credit cards, and my cell phone had been stolen, and I had been hit in the back of the head with a pistol. I needed $2,000 to pay my bills. Thankfully, most people called me to see if I was okay. One friend said since I had been hurting so bad previously that she wanted my medicine, if I felt like going to London. Most people said they knew that was not my writing. They had small i's and didn't put the commas where they needed to be. I don't do that, even in my emails.

My advice to you is to never use the same password for all of your accounts. I have different ones for credit cards, banking, facebook, and email accounts. I am so thankful that I did that. I changed all that were alike. I now love facebook. They contacted me that someone had tried to access my account. They even sent a map and noted where they were from. Africa.

I feel I was violated. It was the same feeling I had when our house was almost robbed. It's a horrible feeling, but now I can laugh about it.

So, I can say I am back home from London. Don't send money! The best thing, I have talked to people I have not talked to in years. That's one way God turned lemons to lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment