Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas

This will be my last post until after Christmas. We will have our Christmas tomorrow, Thursday. We all have to make allowances when there are in-laws to be considered.

My presents are all wrapped, except one. I'll wrap it in the morning. The turkey is thawing, and cooking will begin this afternoon. I've already completed some, but I have a lot more to do. The house smells like fruitcake and all kinds of goodies.

This year I'm making Dressing Balls. I have a very good dressing recipe. I've always made it in a pan, but this year I'm rolling it in balls and baking them. They are so crispy done that way. I think my family will enjoy them.

I get almost as excited as a small child. I love to sit back and watch the expressions on the faces of the children. It takes me back to my Christmas.

We always had a cedar tree when I was growing up. They were so hard to decorate, and I always had cedar stuck in my hands. It smelled so good. That's what I associate with Christmas.

I love being with my family. As the children get older, we don't get a chance to get together very much. There's always band, soccer, flag core, or something to keep us from all getting together. We do get busier as our children get older. I remember the days, and it's coming back to haunt me. Christmas is different, we always get together for Christmas.

My wish for all of you is a Very Merry Christmas. I'll be back on Monday, I hope, so enjoy the Holiday and don't eat too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment