Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christmas Is Getting Closer

Christmas is getting closer, and I'm not ready. My shopping is finished and most of it wrapped, but I have not decorated one thing. There is not one sprig of green in my house. There is a reason.
I have encountered a complication from the hernia surgery. I probably bore you all with this, but it helps me to write about it. It is very discouraging. After the surgery, I developed a (kind of) blister at the place where the hernia was. It is large, very large and filled with fluid. The site of the removal of the hernia is irritated, inside, that is. The scar is fine, it's just my insides. My doctor says I am healing slowly.
The good news is, no surgery! The bad news is, I have to live with it for a while. I have trouble walking, standing, and bending. The pain is very sharp. My husband had said I'd probably milk this for a year or eighteen months. His prediction may be right. If I am not better is six months, I have to return to the doctor. Not good! The best part is Tylenol helps.
What do I do in a situation like this? I can write, sew, read, play games, or anything where I do not have to bend over while sitting. Writing is good. I can do that, but not as much as I used to do. It still hurts sometimes when I sit.
My husband has been very good to help me. I haven't mopped the floor since the surgery. I do need to hogtie him and get the decorations put up. Maybe I will feel better then.
During all this, my son-in-law had to have heart surgery. He has a-fib, and his heart was racing constantly, which messes up his pacemaker. When they went in, they accidentally punctured his artery. The doctor was wise enough to back out. He clotted well, and they got all the imaging they needed. The doctor will repeat the surgery on December 27. His name is Ron Turpin and we would appreciate prayers for him and his doctor.
Changing the subject to something good. My novel is coming along well. I'm almost one-third finished. That's pretty good considering all we have been through. I have to thank two author friends of mine, Susan Page Davis and Sandra Robbins, for their encouragement. Love you girls! Sometimes I don't know what I would do without these friends.
Here's hoping your week will be good. Continue to stay on the Good List. Santa will be here before long. By the way, I live with Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment