Wednesday, September 26, 2012

PUBLISHING DATE

The publishing date of Callie's Mountain is getting closer. The date of October 15, 2012 is doable. If everything else goes well, the book should come out on Amazon on that date.

This is exciting, and  a lot of doubts nag me right now. From what others have told me, that's understandable. My author friends keep telling me I am a good writer. I don't know. Sometimes I experience a lot of doubts. Sometimes I wish I had quit before I got started. Life would be a lot simpler if I were not at the computer all day long. But it would not be this exciting, and I would not have made so many friends.

Several times during the past years, I've wondered why I decided to take this route so late in life. It's certainly not for money. Unless you're on the New York Times Best Seller's List, or getting a six figure advance, you're not going to be rich.

It's certainly not for glory. Unless you have a large following, very few know about you and your books. There must be other reasons why we write.

It started as therapy. I needed something to help me after my father's death and later after my mother's. It also helped me to relax while I cared for my mother. I could escape for a few minutes into my book.

It must be the love of storytelling. My maternal grandmother was a great storyteller. We would sit on the front porch in the afternoons, and she would tell me about live as a sheriff's daughter in a coal mining town. They were wonderful stories.

As October 15 draws nearer, I'm busier than ever. This is what I have wanted to do all my life, but never had the courage to do it. I guess I'm getting more courageous in my old days.

No comments:

Post a Comment