Thursday, August 21, 2014

BLESSINGS

Each morning I close my eyes and for five minutes think of all the blessings I have. There are so many and sometimes it takes longer than five minutes. When we take that short time to think about what we have, especially while others don't have as much, we realize how rich we are.

Here are some of my thank you's or blessings I have received. First and foremost is Christ. I would be no place with out Him. I'm blessed to have the church that He died for, and for the remission of my sins. My family is my biggest blessing, my husband, Jerry, my daughter, her husband, her daughter, my son, his wife, their three children are a big blessing in my life. I feel so blessed to live in a free country and I pray that it will always be free. When I think about the advantages I have compared to what others can't have, I'm truly blessed beyond measure. I live in a nice house, not fancy, but comfortable. I have more house than I need, but it meets my functions. My family includes a sister, her husband, and her four children, plus spouses and their children and grandchildren. My husbands family is also a blessing to know. His oldest brother turns 85 next week and we have been so blessed by him and his family. His sister is also a blessing and we've had wonderful times with her and her family.

There are so many more blessings and you can see if you list them all it could take hours. We have made wonderful friends since moving to Kentucky. It's hard to believe we've been here five years. Those have been wonderful five years. Our neighbors here have blessed us, and I appreciate all of them and their kindness to us.

One of the things I've been most thankful for is the doctors I've found here. My general practitioner is a great doctor and a great person. The nursing staff in her office are remarkable. The surgeons I have met are the best anywhere. We cannot say enough good things about my orthopedic surgeon. He is the best! My general surgeon has brought me through three surgeries, and finally we have success. I'm so thankful for him.

This list only skims the bucket. There are so many more, but it would take all day to list them. Try this exercise each day. You'll be surprised how much it will help your mental and physical being.

No comments:

Post a Comment