Thursday, August 7, 2014

A MOST PRECIOUS GIFT

Yesterday A Most Precious Gift was released on Amazon in both ebook and print book. This book is by Jacqueline Freeman Wheelock and I highly recommend it. I recommend it because it is a good book, not because my company published it. Jacqueline is a wonderful writer. I've laughed and cried when I read it, and I've read it probably about six times. It's always new to me. It can also be bought at www.mantlerockpublishing.com/store. I don't have my copies yet, but they should be here in a week or a little more.


Dinah Devereaux, New Orleans-born slave and seamstress, suddenly finds herself relegated to a sweltering kitchen on the Natchez town estate of Riverwood. Having never cooked a day in her life, she is terrified of being found out and banished to the cotton fields as was her mother before her. But when she accidentally burns the freedom papers of Jonathan Mayfield, a handsome free man of color to whom she's attracted, her fear of the fields becomes secondary.
A gifted cabinetmaker, Jonathan Mayfield's heart is set on finally becoming a respected businessman by outfitting a bedroom at the palatial Riverwood—until a beautiful new slave destroys his proof of freedom and his fragile confidence along with it.

When the mistress of Riverwood orders Dinah to work alongside the sullen Mr. Mayfield, sparks fly setting the two on a collision course. Is their mutual love for God strong enough to overcome deep-seated insecurities and set the couple on a path toward self-acceptance and love for each other? 

5 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading this. I think it would be a really good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy! I look very forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
  2. I have been privileged to read this book!!! Everyone should read its message of what true freedom is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aaron and Amy. This is a very good book. I've loved working with Jacqueline. Sorry I didn't get to this sooner, but A Most Precious Gift can be bought at Amazon today!

      Delete