Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Moving

My writing has certainly taken a back seat to this move. I did find time to review the next chapter to send to the editor, but I'm not satisfied with it yet. Maybe I can get it going when we get this truck load moved to Kentucky.

We have had an interesting two weeks. We've been to Florida to my great-niece's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding. Her brothers wore kilts and her shoes where a red plaid. So pretty under her white dress. Her youngest brother sang to her as she walked into the pavilion. It was simple and beautiful. I wish Bethany and Blake all the love and happiness in the world.
After coming back, we moved into the new house with a bed, table and chairs. I did take enough cooking utensils to cook our big breakfast for Thanksgiving. Our children then helped us paint walls and lay wood flooring. I am allergic to the dust in carpet. My bedroom could not have carpet. It is beautiful now with a rich wood floor.

Thursday we get a truck and load up as much as we can. I will drive the pick-up back and if it doesn't rain, it will be loaded as well.

It's good to be in our old house. We are having inquiries, especially about the land. The house was shown while we were in Florida, so at least we are getting some showings.

Christmas shopping has not been done yet. I am usually through by now. I'm going to get a little today and then pack. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment