Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Need a Mouse

Have you taken your mouse for granted? I have. I would love to have it now. It's funny the things we miss when we don't have them.

I left my laptop and my mouse in Kentucky. I thought I could get along without it. Was I mistaken!

We have taken for granted our holidays. This year will be different for us. Not only are we moving to a new house, but my husband found out a few minutes ago that he will probably have to have cataract surgery. We thought it was going to be much later, but he is having so much trouble right now that the doctor thought it will probably be sooner. We are hoping for after the new year.

Our eyesight is so important that we take it for granted. Diabetes plays a big part in your eyes. We do have a good doctor who checks our eyes regularly for any changes due to the disease. I am sure there are other diseases as well that can harm not only your eyes, but other parts of your body.

There are so many things that I am thankful for. We do have good health and we are doing better with our eating habits. We have learned to eat less and do more. That is helping to take weight off and keep us active.

As you get older and your joints hurt, it is easy to sit down and do nothing. I would suggest everyone to move around. It does help those joints and makes you more alert. My daughter read where knitting helped you to keep from having dementia or Alzheimer. I can understand when your mind is working, as it does with knitting, you would not be so prone to develop these diseases.

Start today to keep your mind and body active.


No comments:

Post a Comment