Wednesday, April 21, 2010

We're Almost Moved

For the past six months or so, we have been moving. We would move a little along. Our little pickup truck knows it's way to Kentucky from Tennessee. Finally, we will be taking our last load from the house. There is still some in storage.

I don't know where we will put all the "stuff" and I'm sure we will have a yard sale. It's amazing what you accumulate in a short time. Most of the "stuff" has accumulated over many years. When my parents died, we inherited the bulk of their "stuff" and we have forty-seven years of "stuff" ourselves. Where did it all come from?

The only thing I can say is that we are all pack-rats. I've packed away things that I thought I might use later, but I didn't. My mother had the habit of keeping things that were no longer working. I have found coffee pots, toasters, and a host of other things in the basement. Those have gone in the trash.

We have tried to make it a habit not to purchase new things until the old ones quit working. Apparently my mother bought new and put the old in the basement. We have an array of crock pots to go with the coffee pots, some are in working condition. My husband says it's similar to my shoe buying. You shouldn't buy shoes until the ones you have are past wearing. That must be a man thing, because all women have to have shoes, numerous pairs of shoes.

Next week we will have everything out of the house and moved to Kentucky. We pick up our big Penske truck, load it and head this way. I will be glad when it is over.

How do I feel leaving the place where I grew up? Right now, it's fine. I know home is where your hear is and mine is with my family. There are memories, but they will move with me. I will miss the mountains, but the flat lands are nice also. The view from our house was amazing, but I have pictures and I still remember the mountains and watching the rain and snow come across them. I don't cling to things I can't change. This was our decision to be closer to our family and I am going to enjoy it to the fullest.

I am going to have more time to write when this move is over. That's one thing I'm looking forward to. I have so many stories chasing around in my head and I want to write them.

Until sometime next week, take care and have wonderful days.

No comments:

Post a Comment