Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sandi Rog and The Master's Wall

Last year about this time, I was having a rough time with the person I had hired to edit my book. My voice was taken away and her voice added. I didn't like that and some of the things she told me to do, like erase my first three chapters. That hurt! Someone wrote me about Sandi Rog who was a finalist in ACFW's Genesis Contest. They told me about her book and how it was Biblically correct. I wrote her to congratulate her and things started happening.

We clicked or else she felt sorry for my writing. I do know we became friends. She began editing my book and we put back into the story the things I had been told to take out. Her editing has helped me learn more about the craft of writing.

When it came time to register for ACFW conference, we decided to room together and we became better friends. I knew about her book and although she did not win her category in the Genesis contest, it was a great way for her to get the confidence she needed to pursue her dream of writing.

She had contacted DeWard Publishing and they wanted to publish her book, which they are doing now. I have read the first chapter and it is wonderful. It's a first century Christian novel. Someone said it was like a Francine River's novel. That is a big compliment.

Now her contract is signed for a three book series. The Master's Wall will be out in July and I am so happy for her. She is a wonderful Christian and has a beautiful family. I met her husband and four children in Denver last year. They are so sweet. It's refreshing to see a close-knit family and one with respect for each other.

Sandi is the best and I feel like a mama hen. If anyone wants to read a good Christian novel, order it from DeWard or go out and buy it. I don't think you will be disappointed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Kathy. Thank you for the encouraging words! Of course, we're friends! I'm so glad I was able to add you to my influencer list!

    Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete