Monday, March 7, 2011

Finally I'm Back

This whole knee thing has taken me away from so much. I have been reading, but just started writing again in earnest last week. It's been longer recovering from this knee surgery. My body is weaker from the previous surgery, but I am finally bouncing back.

Our new blog forchristiangirls.org is going well. I have spent a lot of time on it. We are getting very good response. If you haven't checked it out, do so. Even if you have, some new articles have been added lately. I need to think of something to put in today.

My second book in the series is 1/3 of the way through. This is a rough draft and I'll have to edit it before I let anyone see it. I know there are a lot of mistakes. I'm at a good point right now and I'm anxious to write more this week.

Something on writing that I saw in a book I've been reading. When you are writing, please make sure your time line is correct. This book I just read had the time in the spring, then after a couple of pages, it was in the fall, then back to the spring, and then back to the fall. That was so confusing and I lost interest in the book. The book was published by a major company.

When I was writing Callie's Mountain, I had a time with the time line. I think because I stopped and started so much, but with this one, my time line is much better. Things come into our lives that we have to stop and start, but I hope I can get this new book finished this month. I have a lot of research to do with the third book. It's going to take me a while to get it started. I love research and I'm able to walk more trails now than I was.

Have a blessed day.

No comments:

Post a Comment