Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Lone Star Trail

Monday I said I would let you know what I read while I recovered from surgery. I enjoyed reading Lone Star Trail by Darlene Franklin. Darlene had sent it to me before I entered the hospital, and I was so glad to have something to read when I got home, as if my shelves were bare. No such luck.

This book is the first in the Morgan Family Series. It was definitely a good first book for a series. I'm afraid I read it after I read Captive Trail by Susan Page Davis, but it didn't take me long to get in the grove of this book.

It's the story of German immigrants wanting to start a New Germany in Texas. I knew some of them settled in Texas, but this book tells of the problems they had in a new country. It tells of the hatred the people had against the German's. The love story is so good. It shows how you can overlook something for the one you love. Sometimes we don't pick our love, it happens and that's what I gained from this book.


I enjoyed it so much. I enjoy Darlene's writing. She is a very good author. To insert the story about the Morgan horses was priceless. There will be a total of six of the Morgan Family Series. I know the rest of them will be just as good as these two I have read.

No comments:

Post a Comment