Monday, November 28, 2011

YAHSHUA'S BRIDGE

Saturday evening I read the last word in this book. From Thursday on, I couldn't put it down. If you are interested in reading about the first Century Christians, you will love this book. Let me warn you, it is graphic. It didn't bother me, but I can read blood and guts. Can't stand to see it, but I can read it.

Sandi has a wonderful way of placing you in the middle of the scene. I could feel the lions and the gladiators as they attacked the characters. The book humbled me to think of the way early Christians were tormented and killed. We take our freedom of worship for granted. It was very dear to them.

While I was reading this, I wondered if I would deny Christ in order to live. I want to think I wouldn't, but if I were to face a lion or a gladiator, would my faith be strong enough? I loved the way Sandi included that part in her book.

She will probably tell you this is not a love story, but it is. It is filled with love, and hate. It is powerful in that way.

One thing the book impressed on me is how the Christians were persecuted all over the known world. I hadn't thought about that, but thought it was a Roman thing. The history in this book is so good and accurate. I'm not an expert on that time period, but I feel I have learned enough to see the correctness in Sandi's writing. I do recommend this book. If nothing else, it will make you appreciate your Christianity.

As far as I know, Sandi remains in Arizona receiving treatment for her cancer. The last I heard, she was very tired. Please remember her in prayers. This is going to be a trying time for her and her family. DeWard Publishing, the publisher of this book, is again setting aside $1 of each book sold for her use. The treatment is very expensive. She and her family have suffered much during the last year. Pray for her recovery, if it is God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment