Friday, November 2, 2012

STORMS

Everyone has heard on the news of Hurricane Sandy and the devastation of several New England states. My prayers are with those who suffered during the storm. I'm thankful it was not any worse than it was. I'm also thankful I live away from the coast.

I've always thought it would be so neat to live on the coast and walk on the beach each morning. I'd hut for shells and let the water lap on my ankles. I would watch the sunset and the sunrise and be thankful for this beautiful world God has blessed us with.

My bubble bursts when something like this happens. I'm glad the only thing I have to deal with is tornadoes, ice storms, and wind. I'm not a big fan of wind after living through tornadoes. It was windy in Tennessee, but here we are in the flat part of Kentucky.There are no mountains to knock the wind around. We do get more wind, but the closeness to family out weighs the wind.

I've used "Life is an adventure, enjoy it" for several years as my statement. I try to look at each event in my life as an adventure and try to make the best of it. So far, I'm enjoying the ride. Each day should be an adventure for us. Like an adventure, we never know what will happen at the end of the day. Sometimes it's good and sometimes it isn't. I wish you to live the adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment